ss_blog_claim=94169b0a83b496d7c00add723702f80a

Jan 30, 2012

Tonight, I'm celebrating with Old Fezziwig!

I made it to the doctor today...and the news, while a little confusing, was good!

My neurologist told me that my lesions were caused BY my headaches, not the other way around. HUH?!? I don't fully get how that works because my doc talks so fast that it's harder to follow his accent. However, he did make it very clear that there's no aneurysm, tumor, Multiple Sclerosis or anything serious like that...but he did say that a lot of my headaches are stress-related (which my last neurologist also said) and curbing the symptoms is where it's at.

I'm not the type that's cool with daily meds (much prefer the holistic stuff!)...and I actually didn't start my first dose tonight because I'm sampling one of the brews in the seasonal combo I bought the other day, starting with the Old Fezziwig! I'm worried about mixing alcohol with medicine, so I'll start with my morning dose tomorrow and skip meds on the (rare) occasions that I do have a beer or glass of wine. I can still take my Valerian root when I feel the need, according to Doc, so I think I'm OK :)

One of the prescriptions (the pain one, not the muscle relaxer) had some hellish-sounding side effects listed amongst the info they give you...increased risk of stroke, heart attacks and even stomach/intestinal bleeding. I'm wondering if I should take it with my stomach problems, but the doc did know about those when he prescribed them...do the risks outweigh the benefits? I don't know but I'm willing to trust his expertise to see if it helps reduce the headaches so I can function better. I go back in 6 weeks and, if it doesn't help, we'll try something else. I'm still going to check WebMD to be sure before I take it...may do that now...

My dad was as upset as I was - he heard the word aneurysm as a possible cause and blocked the rest out, I think - and even offered to take out a life insurance policy on me if it was something serious, since I'm not yet in a position to have something to leave my kids and ensure my boyfriend has the help he needs (my share of the expenses, etc.) if I wasn't around. That's what I'm in school to build towards, late as my start is at 31 years old. I very much appreciate the sentiment but, luckily, it's not necessary and I have time to work on that on my own!

If there's a bright side (aside from NOT facing possible incapacitation or an early grave), it would be that it's really made me evaluate what's most important to me. I can't say I won't still be a workaholic that's obsessed with studying anything I can get my hands on, but I am more concerned with what I leave my loved ones with...I'd rather it be great experiences where my kids have learned something from me, etc. and not that I worked so much that I overlooked too much with them. I saw that revelation coming, really, and hope to find a better balance with that.

One of the things we've had planned with my oldest (who's almost 9 already!) is martial arts classes. My attorney teaches and I'm thinking of going that route. My boyfriend is a yellow belt in 3 disciplines, taught by a student of Bruce Lee, but his schedule and some health problems don't allow for his teaching. I also wanna help my son learn more about architecture (he wants to build houses, he says), dance and see him through his dream to play soccer.

My youngest is still into anything and everything that's fun! At 3, he's too young for the martial arts classes, so we want to encourage him in other things in the meantime. He's big into music and loves to perform (hence his rendition of the Hanes and JG Wentworth commercials, etc, etc. LOL). His oldest brother (my boyfriend's 20-yr old son) plays guitar and is amazing, and his great-uncle plays violin and banjo. Nearly everyone in my boyfriend's family is musically inclined, either singing or playing something, so it seems to be almost a birthright for him.

I realize I'm rambling so I'm going to have to punch Old Fezziwig in the face to make it stop...all in good fun :) To a wonderful night!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that, Ambrosia! That is good news!! Also glad your dad is looking after your welfare. So sweet :)
    Have you ever tried blueberry pills made from high dosage concentrated blueberries? I took some when I had daily migraines and they worked! Of course it's a must to reduce stress, which is a huge trigger.
    On my mother's side I come from a very musical family. Good for you to encourage your son!!
    take care,
    Duni

    p.s. and thank you for your vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Duni...and the blueberry tip! I'm more than happy to send a vote your way...you work hard to create such beautiful items and deserve as much recognition as you can get!

    Reducing stress is definitely a big factor and I've made it a goal to further cut it down. My tendency toward being high-strung (thanks, Mom, LOL) doesn't help but I try.

    Best of luck to you on your Brigitte nomination!

    ReplyDelete

  3. المهندس للتسويق الالكترونى
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    وايت شفط بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف قصور بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
    شركة تتنظيف شقق بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
    شركة دهانات وديكورات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
    فنى كهرباء بالرياض
    شركة تركيب سراميك ورخام بالرياض
    شركة تركيب نجارة الباب والشباك بالرياض
    شركة ترميم المنازل واعمال البناء بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف واجهات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف قصور بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
    شركة دهانات وديكورات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف سجاد وموكيت بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
    شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة نقل أثاث بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط
    وايت شفط الصرف الصحى بالرياض
    المهندس
    المهندس
    المهندس

    ReplyDelete