ss_blog_claim=94169b0a83b496d7c00add723702f80a

Oct 1, 2009

October Already?!

UPDATE: I just got a heads up on a site that donates to help fund mammograms for every user click. It's free to donate...all you do is click once daily and help support breast cancer prevention/detection! The site also features other causes your click can support. Thanks Raven!
------------------------------------------------------
WOW, this year's gone by pretty quick! The weather's cooling back down and everybody's settling in, getting ready for Halloween. I don't mind it a bit, though, since fall is my favorite season and Halloween is my favorite holiday...except that it got cold here way too quick! I may need to plan an indoor holiday rather than go trick-or-treating this year. There are plenty of birthdays to celebrate,too,my youngest boy's and my own included.

October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which means the pink ribbons are out in full force. A lot of the products we use will be donating a portion of the profits to organizations dedicated to finding a cure. Count me in for as many purchases as I can afford!

I always try to contribute to causes like these any way I can. I've known three women personally who had developed breast cancer (all survivors in remission, no relapses, thank goodness!) and also, a great-grandmother who died from a cancer of the reproductive system. This has become more widespread in a culture blanketed in a polluted environment. The organizations who honestly work toward the goal of finding cures for this and other diseases deserve any funds they can raise to help them do so.

Even those who aren't interested in donating or purchasing products that benefit the cause can do their part by getting the word out about monthly breast self-exams. A large number of breast cancer cases have been found this way and catching it as early as possible can mean all the difference in the world to a woman and her family!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    We're nearing the end of our vacation - too bad about the weather!
    Oooh - birthdays. So when's yours???

    hope everything is well your end.

    take care,

    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I hope you are having a Happy Fall so far. I just wanted to give you the link to a site to donate to breast cancer. You can click on it every day and your click will donate money to funding mammograms. You can actually click to donate to a few causes on this site.

    http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2&link=ctg_bcs_home_from_chs_thankyou_sitenav

    Anyway, I thought you might be interested.

    Have a great day!

    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duni, sorry to hear about the weather...other than that, hope the vaca was awesome! My b-day is the 29th...total scorp!

    Raven, thank you very much for the link...I am very interested! I clicked today and will again.

    ReplyDelete