ss_blog_claim=94169b0a83b496d7c00add723702f80a

Sep 16, 2010

A Relaxing Day

Today's been really nice, which is amazing since I've been up since 6am and it's 2:15pm now...so all day has been relaxing, so far. I managed to get ahead on an article I'm writing and get started (nearly halfway done) on another one, get some running done...all at a leisurely pace and without distraction. (watch, I'll say that, then it becomes instant chaos, hehe)

I even got an email from one of my employers who loved my last article so much that she wants to give me a $5/hr raise!!! Needless to say, I appreciated that idea very much! I'd been giving it some thought lately...instead of trying to start my own little biz or taking on additional work, I may simply stick to the work I have and use the free time I have during the day to be creative or lazy. I had griped that I no longer do anything I used to love doing and when the time came up, I wanted to work. Sure, I could always use the money, but the relaxation is more precious to me and will give me more time for cooking, sewing or reading.

The little one has really taken to daycare and we're all happier for it! Now he cries a sec when I pick him up, but just a sec... He gets to run his little heart out, play games, hang out with other kids and enjoy "messy" time (art). My oldest boy and my niece have adjusted to being back in school and it's all going smoothly. Heck, for that matter, my boyfriend and I are getting along better in many ways...er, well...we tend to get along well anyway, but I mean we react better to our stressors and don't take them out on each other as much.

I love the way Fall kind of slows us down a bit and makes us evaluate/prioritize things...this is a momentum I'd like to hang onto for a while, if I can. Here's to the smell of falling leaves, cozy nights relaxing with hot cider, inner reflection and the excitement of Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. I think taking time out is SO important. I used to be pretty work-focused, as in work being my top priority. These days I relax when I feel I need to.
    Good for you to get back to what you love. That's so important. Do what you love, and love what you do (one of my fave quotes).

    I'm ready for the weekend, are you?

    take care,

    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having that time to relax and be creative is essential to sanity. I'm so much more relaxed now that my Midget is in school and not in my hair all day.

    I'm glad that things are going so well for you. Congrats on the raise!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments.

    It definitely is nice to have some time...definitely a sanity saver...after all, how can we save the world for our loved ones if we're going nuts? LOL

    We've definitely earned this!

    ReplyDelete