ss_blog_claim=94169b0a83b496d7c00add723702f80a

Mar 7, 2011

Whew! Finally Made It Back!

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post...it certainly was not intended! I've come across so many things to blog about in that time but had become so busy with everything that I kept forgetting to log in and post it.

Thank you for the comments you sent. The ultrasound went very well...not only is my gall bladder in good shape, the lady overseeing the intern doing my test made comments like "see her pancreas? that's what a healthy pancreas is supposed to look like". Since that test, I've been put on a heart monitor (for the occasional racy heart symptoms), which came back great, saw an allergist (test showed no allergies, despite lifelong sinus symptoms, which I suppose is good?) and had a CT scan for my long-swollen lymph node (no results till tomorrow but the node doesn't really bother me...they just want to be sure it's fine).

I suspect the CT scan may not be entirely necessary but I've had doctors in the past get concerned when they found that lymph node swollen, so who knows? As each test result comes back, I'm convinced that I'm still fairly healthy but I'm no closer to finding out why I can't shake the exhaustion and still have the GI symptoms. I've gotten a little of my energy back but I still take the occasional long naps (prob. 4-5 days a week). As I gain energy, I'm planning to use it to get back into shape and see how much that helps everything...I'm actually wondering if it's as simple as that. Is it possible that I was in such good health before that this dip could have made the difference and caused these symptoms? It's a curious thought, at the very least.

On the career front, I don't think I'm keeping busy enough. Everything's basically ad hoc and I'm finding that I keep going into these uncertain phases...for example, I might get caught up in a task, get it up to date, but get stuck on where to pick it back up after it's been a couple of weeks away. It seems weird to me, because I typically leave 'save points' for myself. On top of that, being completely ad hoc keeps me in a 'strictly maintenance' situation...it doesn't really allow me to make the kind of money I need to afford a bigger place. Since getting custody of my niece, she's been crammed into an already small room with her male cousins...not ideal for a teenage girl...and, though we're on the list for a bigger apartment in this complex, they're hard to come by. Something's gotta give.

So, I'm on the hunt for something more regular, that also pays well. By my estimates, seeing how I haven't had much come in besides a quick copywriting project that I'm pretty well finished with, I find myself in the position to discontinue my current assignments amicably and start fresh with new criteria. The only thing I aim to keep is the online marketing internship I started last week with a personal finance website. It doesn't require many hours and is flexible enough that I can work elsewhere on a regular schedule and maintain school.

I found something local that pays well and sounded like something I'd like to do. It's weird for me because I have social anxiety disorder and have gotten used to pretty much shutting in over the last couple of years but, on top of being bored, I think part of my problem is that I'm starved for adult interaction. I feel the need to challenge myself more and think now's the time to get started already.

So, I sent in my CV and a cover letter this morning. I'm not entirely certain that I'm qualified enough for middle management but took the chance anyway. Their requirements weren't too far out from where I'm currently at and I'm a fast learner. On top of that, getting CPR/First Aid Instructor-certified won't be too much of a problem, so that's covered too. If they're willing to take on a student, I'm willing to work. The only thing is that it appears to be a full-time position...but it's in the evening, which helps a lot, and I discussed it with my family and my boyfriend and niece said they were willing to help as much as possible so that i could do it, if hired. I'm sure my dad would help as much as he could too if, for instance, I got called in early and needed him to pick up my boyfriend from work or something like that. I love the feeling that I'm not as on my own with everything as I thought...my family is great at pulling together when we need to.

If this one doesn't pan out though, I'll be on the lookout for things on oDesk, as well as locally and will be keeping track of the corporate internships I found in Marketing. I find 'corporate' to generally be a bad word, but I'd be kidding myself if I didn't admit the experience and references it would bring would be a great career boost...and earn enough money to sustain us until I got my own thing started.

Anyway...I'll stop rambling now, LOL...I'll be back soon enough! Hope all's as well with you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have a lot going on! Good luck with finding something that pays better so you can get a bigger place. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know you have a lot going on also...so here's a reciprocal finger crossing for you. We'll get it all situated yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ambrosia,

    isn't it such a weight off your shoulders to find the test results coming back 'clean'? I have a couple things I need to get checked out too - the racing heart - being one of them.
    I overestimated my energy when i took on that wholesale order!

    I trust you will find a suitable position that pays regularly. You are incredibly intelligent! The right job will come along and hopefully you will be able to move into a bigger place. I really hope that it all works out for you!

    take care my friend,

    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Duni! It is a relief! Hopefully, this is a start to a better time with things (health and career-wise).

    I hope all's going well with that wholesale order...that's quite a lot to take on as a sole proprietor!

    Be sure to get some rest and make time for yourself wherever you can (as well as some appointments to make sure you're OK!).

    ReplyDelete