ss_blog_claim=94169b0a83b496d7c00add723702f80a

Dec 7, 2009

Workin for the Weekend

No, not the song (how many of you actually remember when Loverboy was IT?). This post is to describe how the weekend went at the Brosia Household, hehe.

Now, I work every weekend (I give myself Sundays or Mondays off, usually), but last week was different because one of my oDesk supervisors was out sick and I decided to apply for some 'quickie gigs' to make up the hours I've grown accustomed to.

I interviewed for 2 of the 4 I applied to, and wound up getting them both, the second with a strict deadline...and I like to do things in order (OCD). At first I was like "I can do this, if I time it out right...I can write anything!", but that was soon followed by "It's 4am and I'm tired...am I nuts?".

Luckily it all turned out OK because I just did them back-and-forth-like till they were done and finished them both before I said I would. Somehow, I managed it even with the kids being so loud and grumpy I could barely concentrate on anything. It's one of those moments that leave me feeling like the superwoman my boyfriend always says I am.

I just applied for another today...one I could knock out today before starting on my current assignments tomorrow. what can I say...one I'm a bit of a workaholic, two the holidays are coming (with a couple more gifts yet to buy)and three, I have two appointments Friday and will have to let myself off that day anyway.

I'm considering a post or series of posts about how to get started on oDesk. I've gotten a lot of requests from friends and family about the learning curve associated with getting started. I'll see how much I can remember from the initial sign-up; if it's not much, I'll probably start with what to expect after the sign-up part. If I can find out, I might post about how to get started hiring others through oDesk.

2 comments:

  1. You ARE a superwoman!!!

    I work most weekends too, but in the run-up to Christmas I give myself a break on Sundays..well I mostly end up in the kitchen baking :)

    have a great day!

    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's not easy working so much, as you well know, and a break is definitely important.

    Glad to hear you're making time for one, and doing what you love during it!

    ReplyDelete