ss_blog_claim=94169b0a83b496d7c00add723702f80a

Jan 29, 2010

Getting Caught Up...

It's been a hell of a long week! I spent a lot of it on my couch feeling like crap, which piles my To-Do list into something rather scary...the thought of which only makes me feel more miserable.

Luckily, today has been an improvement. My school assignments are manageable except for one class...Web Publishing! I couldn't get the student files to open on my computer (which has been increasingly acting up lately), so fell about two weeks behind there.

I felt good enough to get last week's completed, but still have this week's to tackle over the weekend. Unfortunately, the files we have to edit still won't open, so I'm building them from scratch instead (thank goodness for my meager background with HTML!). I'm impressed at what I was able to accomplish in a couple hours...they look pretty good, if I do say so myself. My other two classes should be caught up within a couple hours, so not so much worry there.

What I am worried about is staying on the computer too long at a stretch, with it acting up, so I'm accomplishing less in a day's time and having to choose between whether to catch up school or work assignments. I'm planning on looking into getting another computer once I'm caught up enough on all sides to take a day to do that. I just bought this one a year ago, so it's pissing me off that I may need to replace it already.

At any rate, things have started the climb back to a state of relative normalcy. I guess I can't bitch too much...just go with it and try to maintain the momentum upswing.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are starting to get back to normal for you. Getting back into the swing after being sick is a pain. Good luck with your computer issues; I hate computer issues! I hope you're able to get a new computer.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to be adept at the HTML stuff!
    I've been off the computer for a couple of days now (which is very unusual for me). I'm currently working on my new bag line - who knew it would take me days on end to complete just one bag!
    Meanwhile, I hope your computer holds up :)

    have a nice weekend and don't forget to take a break,

    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get a new computer after all (wasn't sure I would).

    Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete